Benefits of consulting a social work professional
- Social workers are professionals who are trained to assess your issues and work with you to bring about change in your life.
- Social workers see the big picture. We are aware of the impact that social issues, culture, economic circumstances, stress and relationship dynamics have on the lives of individuals and families.
- Social workers are trained to work in teams and may be helpful in working together with other professionals involved in your case.
- SAASWIPP has members in all nine provinces.
- Social workers are trained to be real and respectful with their clients.
- Social workers are trained to be practical in their thinking whilst remaining aware of complex psychological issues.
- Most medical aids offer some cover for social work services, though your medical aid cover may not cover the full cost of your treatment.